who we are
We are a group passionate about music and have all been deeply involved in presenting music over the years in Jersey City and Manhattan. In 2016, we decided to pool our efforts and create a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization manned by professionals that volunteer time and knowledge to present a premier festival.
The Hudson West Folk Festival is the next step in our growing support of musicians and a public that wants to hear live music of the highest quality. Be sure to sign up on our Mailing List so that we can keep you updated about the festival.
The Board would like to thank our Advisers for their sound advice and valued support of the Hudson West Fest:
- Abbie Gardner - Musician, member of Red Molly
- Bill Brandenburg - Curator, Woodbridge Township's Music on Main Street, Woodbridge Wednesdays and Country Sundays.
- Gordon Nash - Folk Ambassador, NE Region
- Joe Pszonek - DJ, Radio Nowhere Internet Radio
Katherine Etzel - Musician, founder of Bobtown
Ron Olesko - DJ, "Traditions" on WFDU
Board of Directors
- Kathryn Bloss, the Hudson West Fest Treasurer, is a scenic artist with the NY Metropolitan Opera, co-produced the 2016 East Village Folk Festival and presents artists at Kathryn's Space in the East Village
- Laura Foord, our Vice President, is a Jersey City attorney and hosts the concert series, Heights House concerts.
- Angel Jain, Secretary, is the former music director at WONC in Naperville, IL and formerly led AJ Mahal House Concerts in Jersey City.
- Fred Miller pretends to be retired while running an AI/Big Data start-up he helped found and occasionally presents folk concerts to raise money for refugee resettlement in Hudson County.
George Miller, President of Hudson West Fest, is a marketing executive who also presents the Jersey City concert series, Spiral Sounds.
- Margo Parks, music curator Fox & Crow, and co-producer Riverview Jazz Festival.
- Perry Stein, co-founder of Ethical Brew concert series.