We are a non-profit, all-volunteer organization and would really like you to be a part of our vision. Below is a list of specific volunteer needs for this years festival. Volunteers get free admission and we make sure your fed as well. Come join the team!
Hudson West volunteer needs 2018
● Stage director/manager: Talent will check in with this person; SD will instruct them on timeline for performance; SD will be in charge of rounding them up before their set and making sure they're on stage when they should be and that they stay on schedule; liaison between artists & soundcrew.
● Artist liaison/green room manager: Point person for artist arrival; arrange for help with load-in; oversee Green Room, ensure artists have everything they need including but not limited to food, mirrors, etc.
● Load-in & stage assistant: Will assist artists with load-in of gear; other backstage needs as assigned by stage director & Green Room Manager. If needed (TBD), will also pick up headliner artists from (nearby) location and bring them to venue; will take artists from venue back to nearby location.
● Equipment check-in/security: Sits near stage/utility room checking musician's gear in/out and securing equipment and instruments.
● Ticket sellers/check-in: Selling tix; handing out Sponsor gift bags--list to be provided.
● Sponsor liaison: Bring Sponsors to special area; show them food & bathrooms
● Vendor check-in leads: Checks in all vendors as they arrive; circulates during the time to ensure vendors are properly equipped and have what they need.
● Vendor check-out leads: Circulates to check on vendors for the latter half; coordinates vendors as they check out; ensures vendors take everything with them.
● Festival merchandise: Works at the table with the ticketing crew.
● Workshop coordinator: Makes announcement for upcoming workshops & helps workshop host if they need anything.
● Workshop instrument check-in: Keeps track of instruments that workshop participants drop-off/pick up.
● Bar assistant: Works at bar area selling wine and beer.
● Gym entrance attendant: Ensures anyone trying to come in the side entrance has a wristband and, if not, directs them to main entrance.
● Merchandise manager: Arrives early to organizes table area both for artists' merch and for their meet and greet. Touches bases with artists on their arrival to see how they want to handle merch sales. If needed helps them with signage. Oversees the merchandise crew in handling sales.
● Merchandise assistant: Handles sales of festival and artist merchandise; assist with artist meet & greets.
Anyone familiar with theatrical rigging and /or general carpentry.
Just submit your name and email in the form below if you would like to volunteer. Many thanks!